Posted on: January 3, 2023, 05:53h. 

Final up to date on: January 3, 2023, 06:14h.

The AFC South title and a visit to the playoffs is at stake this weekend when the Jacksonville Jaguars host the Tennessee Titans. Josh Dobbs will begin for the Titans at quarterback in Week 18, because the third-stringer replaces injured starter Ryan Tannehill and ineffective rookie backup Malik Willis.

Quarterback Josh Dobbs from the Tennessee Titans will begin towards the Jacksonville Jaguars in Week 18, in a recreation that may resolve the AFC South division title. (Picture: Getty)
The Jaguars are -6.5 favorites at residence towards Dobbs and the Titans on Saturday. It’s a revenge recreation for the Titans who misplaced their first assembly of the season in early December. In Week 14, the Jaguars defeated the Titans 36-22 for his or her first win in Nashville in nearly a decade. Trevor Lawrence from the Jaguars had a career-game with 368 yards, three passing touchdowns, and a speeding landing within the victory.
The Titans began the season 7-3, however misplaced their final six video games. Their offense sputtered throughout their slide they usually averaged solely 14.8 factors per recreation.
Jaguars 75%, Titans 25%
The Jaguars are on an upswing by successful 4 video games in a row and 6 out of their final eight video games. The Jaguars improved to 8-8 and have two attainable routes to the postseason. In the event that they defeat or tie the Titans, they may acquire an computerized bid to the postseason because the AFC South champion.
If the Jaguars lose to the Titans, there’s a state of affairs that they’ll sneak within the backdoor with an AFC Wild Card berth. Nonetheless, the Miami Dolphins, Pittsburgh Steelers, and New England Patriots all need to lose in Week 18 as nicely for the Jaguars to safe the ultimate Wild Card spot.
The Titans nonetheless have an opportunity to win the division with a victory over the Jaguars.
In accordance with FiveThirtyEight, the Jaguars have a 79% likelihood to qualify for the postseason, and a 75% likelihood to win the AFC South. The Titans have a 25% likelihood to win the division and safe a playoff berth.
The winner of the AFC South may even host a playoff recreation within the Wild Card spherical, even when they’ve an total dropping report.
The Jaguars are -285 odds to win the AFC South, in accordance with DraftKings. The Titans are +235 odds to win the division.
Vrabel Gambles on Dobbs vs Jags
Titans beginning quarterback Ryan Tannehill suffered an ankle damage in a loss towards the Los Angeles Chargers in Week 15. Tannehill completed the sport, however the Chargers narrowly defeated the Titans 17-14. The Titans despatched him to the IR for season-ending ankle surgical procedure. With the season going off the rails, head coach Mike Vrabel had restricted choices at quarterback: begin a rookie with out expertise, or roll the cube with an inexperienced profession backup.
In Week 16, Vrabel tapped the rookie and Malik Willis struggled towards the one-win Houston Texans.
In Week 17, Vrabel determined to start out third-string quarterback Josh Dobbs over Willis. Dobbs has been within the league a number of seasons and received his begin with the Pittsburgh Steelers. With the Titans determined for a win, Vrabel inserted Dobbs into the lineup towards the Dallas Cowboys. The Titans misplaced a sixth recreation in a row, however Dobbs regarded significantly better within the passing recreation than Willis. Dobbs accomplished 20 passes for 232 yards and on landing.
With the Titans in a must-win scenario towards the Jaguars, Vrabel will keep on with Dobbs for a second begin in a row.
He’s prepared for the chance and is trying ahead to it,” mentioned Vrabel. “That’s the place we’re at. That’s the one factor that issues, is successful one recreation, getting wholesome, getting recovered after which successful one recreation, and discovering out who’s going to try this.”
Willis struggled in his professional debut towards the one-win Houston Texans in Week 16. He accomplished 14-for-23 passes for 99 yards and 0 touchdowns. He threw two interceptions and received sacked 4 instances. The Texans snapped a nine-game dropping streak and gained solely their second recreation of the season with a 19-14 victory.

Source link

Fancy Keeping Up To Date

With All Our Latest Updates

Get Notified

No Deposit Network Logo